TS 10th exams new proposals
B) Qualitative Aspects
|1) Nature of the question papers|
- Questions in public exam question papers should not facilitate memorizing and merging up. The questions should make the children think and write. The questions should be analytical, application oriented and open ended.
- The questions once appeared in public exams should not be repeated under any circumstances
- The questions given in the exercises of the textbook must not be given as they are. They should prepare additional questions of same nature.
|2) Academic standards/ competencies to be achieved – nature of questions|
- The questions in the public exam should be in relevance to the fixed academic standards/ competencies to be achieved in the subjects concerned.
- Weightage for the competencies of the subjects must be fixed and the questions must be prepared accordingly
|3) Number of questions|
- It should better if the questions in public exam in non languages are given
- 5 marks questions – 4 (total 20 marks)
- 3 marks questions – 10 (total 30 marks)
- 2 marks questions – 10 (total 20 marks)
- 1 mark questions – 10 (total 10 marks)
- Marks can be allotted to language with slight changes as per their competencies.
- 5 marks questions mean essay answer questions. Answers to these must be written in 3 to 4 paragraphs or 10 to 12 sentences.
- 3 marks questions mean short answer questions. Answers to these must be written in a paragraph or 5 to 6 sentences.
- 2 marks questions means very short answer questions. Answers to these must be written in two or three sentences.
- 1 mark questions mean objective type questions.
|4) Questions – Choice|
- Each question paper may contain internal choice for essay type questions. (If a question is asked from a chapter, then the second question or additional question must be given from the same chapter) or questions of internal choice must given from the same chapter. Children must be given a choice to choose any one.
|5) Questions – Weightage|
- Lesson wise weightage should not be given as in past. Questions shall be based on academic standards and can be given from any lesson.
- The following weightage tables must be kept in view while preparing question papers. Type of questions (essay, short answer, very short answer and objective questions) and academic standard wise questions (how many marks and questions to each academic standards).
|6) Correcting the answer scripts|
- A teacher must correct 20 papers in the morning and 20 papers in the afternoon i.e. only 40 papers must be corrected per day.
- As the questions are thought provoking and open ended, correction must be done carefully.
- Opportunity must be provided for re-correction of the answer scripts if necessary. It is only recounting in vogue now.
- Guidelines for correcting the papers must be framed. Indicators must be framed to evaluate the methods of writing answers to different questions. A ‘key paper’ was made previously and the papers were corrected based on the key. But now the need has arisen to incorporate those indicators in the guidelines which will properly evaluate the writing of children on their own, their power of expression, power of analysis, power of self writing, power of application and power of explanation.
|7) Training Programme|
- Thorough training should be conducted to teachers on new textbooks and how to use them. They also must be trained in giving academic standard wise practice to the children.
- 1st and 2nd Summative Assessment papers must be framed as in public exams. After correcting answer scripts of the 1st summative assessment, they must observe and pros and cons must be analysed. Then the teachers must either be suggested or trained in correcting the answer scripts as per the guidelines for teachers for correcting class X public exam papers.
- Teachers and officials must be trained on nature of question papers in 10th class public exam and the methods of evaluating those papers.
- Training must be given on conducting formative assessment, extracurricular activities and their evaluation, methods of submitting these details through on line. All, right from officials to teachers must be given training in this regard.
- As the reforms in 10th class exams are going to be implemented from March 2015, we should concentrate on training programmes from 2014 summer vacation. Instead of training the teachers on all aspects at a time, it is better to divide the topics and conduct the trainings in two or three phases from June to December.
- Teachers must be given training on 10th class textbooks, conducting exams, methods of evaluation, learning problems of children etc. through teleconference once a month. Their doubts in this regard must also be clarified good questions from those papers to conduct Summative Assessment.
|8) Responsibilities of D.C.E.B|
- D.C.E.B. should take up the responsibility of preparing question papers for classes IX and X (except public exam paper) and also sending them to schools.
- Subject wise District teams must be formed to prepare the question papers. The team members should include the textbooks writers of the district, subject experts, teacher educators, experienced teachers.
- These teams must conduct subject wise trainings in the district.
- Action must be taken in the direction of interested teachers preparing summative question papers and submitting them to DCEB. Such question papers must be observed by the subject wise teams, question papers must be prepared choosing.
- D.C.E.B. should conduct seminars and training programmes on awareness of correcting the answer scripts.
- District Educational Officers, Regional Joint Directors must conduct education seminars and workshops to create awareness among teachers and parents about the reforms of class X exams to be conducted in March, 2015
- Publicity must be given through media to make everyone aware of the reforms.
- A special cell must formed in the office of DEO or DIET or B.Ed. College to provide the necessary aid, information, suggestion in regard with class X exams.
- A book must be published with all the details of exams. Model question papers, methods of evaluation and their indicators also must be included in the book.
Important Feature Posts Details
TS 10th exams new proposals Reviewed by Tteachers on Sunday, May 11, 2014 Rating: