Admissions will be based on Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject and as per the Presidential Order. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2014-15 under Statute 13 (3), shall be added to the 10th class GPA of applicants from non-residential Government Schools including the Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools for selection, with an objective of providing weightage to the socio economically challenged students for admission.
The allotment of seats will be in accordance with the Provisions of AP Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions) Order, 1974 (G.O. No.646, dated 10.7.1979, and herein called the Presidential Order, 1974, see Annexure - I), as per the judgment of the Hon'ble High Court of AP in WP 16657 of 2010, and pending the SLP in the Supreme Court of India.
- Candidates should have passed SSC (10th class) or any other equivalent examination, recognized by the Government of A.P, conducted in 2014.
- Candidates should not have completed 18 years of age as on 31.12.2014, (21 years in case of students belonging to SC and ST categories)
- Candidate should have applied for admission in the prescribed form, and sent the print copy of the online application submitted along with all the certificates to the Registrar, RGUKT, before 21.06.2014
- International students shall be of Indian Nationality / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders
- Admission to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the 'local candidates' and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved as specified in the Presidential Order, 1974 (see Annexure-1).
- As RGUKT is a state-wide (forth coming states of Telangana and residuary AP) university, the seats reserved for the local candidates (85% of the total available) will be distributed among the three regions namely, Andhra University, Osmania University and Sri Venkateswara University areas in the ratio of 42:36:22, respectively.
- The rules of reservation are followed for both local and open categories. The reservations are applicable at the region level in respect of local candidates.
- Reservations of seats for various categories are as follows subject to any changes and amendments made by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- SC - 15%, ST - 6%, BC-A - 7%, BC-B - 10%, BC-C - 1%, BC-D - 7%, BC-E - 4% for both 'local' and 'unreserved' categories.
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - 3%, Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) - 2%, NCC - 1% and Sports - 0.5%. (These reservations are applicable at regional level except for CAP which is done at state-level).
- Certificates issued by the respective District Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures. Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
- A (horizontal) reservation of 33 1/3 % of seats in favor of women candidates in each category (OC/SC/ST/BC/Special Categories) shall be ensured, wherever women candidates are available.
- In case of PH and CAP categories, certificates issued by the State Medical Board alone are acceptable. Model proformas are given for all the above categories in Annexures.
- Since the courses offered are technical in nature and require appropriate physical fitness, RGUKT reserves the right of rejecting the application of such candidates who are not fit to pursue the course.
Intimation to Selected Candidates
- Admissions will be based on Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject and as per Presidential Order. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2014-15 under Statute 13 (3), shall be added to the 10th class GPA of applicants from non-residential Government Schools including the Zillaparishad and Municipal Schools for selection, with an objective of providing weightage to the socio economically challenged students for admission.
- In case of a tie, the candidate who got a higher grade in the following order of subjects (i) Mathematics (ii) General Science (iii) English (iv) Social Studies (v) 1st Language (vi) Oldest candidate as per the Date of Birth and (vii) the lowest random number obtained from the hall ticket number, will be considered. That is, if the tie is resolved with any of the check in the chronological order mentioned above, the next option(s) need not be checked. Click here for the procedure of resolving by random number
- The list of candidates selected for counselling will be displayed on the university website www.rgukt.in.
- The candidates will also be informed by post, e-mail and SMS message, wherever possible, to the address written in the application form.
- The candidates selected for counselling shall report in person at the RGUKT Campus allotted (Basar/Nuzvid/RKValley) for verification of original certificates / documents and the details provided in the application form.
- Counselling and selection for admission in respect of candidates belonging to the Special Categories like Physically Handicapped (PH), Children of Army Personnel (CAP), NCC and Sports will be conducted at RGUKT campus, at Hyderabad.
- Admission to the first year of 6-year integrated engineering course in the university will be granted only after satisfactory verification and scrutiny of the details mentioned in the application and the original certificates / documents submitted by the candidate at the counselling centre. Mere selection for counselling and verification of certificates / documents will not guarantee admission to the candidate.
- The allotment of the admitted candidates to the three constituent centres of the university will be on the basis of merit, preference, region and the decision of the University shall be final in the matters of allotment.
- The annual fee for the candidates who studied in schools in Andhra Pradesh is Rs.36,000/-
- Students who are eligible for tuition fee reimbursement need not pay the tuition fee (students whose parental annual income is below Rs.1.0 lakh for non SC/ST category and below Rs.2.0 Lakh for SC/ST category and who fulfill the other conditions as per the latest Govt. Rules are eligible for fee reimbursement)
- However , every student has to pay a registration fee of Rs.1,000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST students and a refundable caution deposit of Rs.2,000(by all) at the time of admission, that is a total of Rs.3,000/-
- In order to promote diversity, up to 5% of seats will be added to the existing seats (supernumerary) and will be open to students belonging to other states other than Andhra Pradesh including the Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries / International and NRI students. Admission will be on the basis of their marks in 10th standard examination. Such candidates who got a minimum of 70% are eligible.
- The annual fee for students from other states and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries is Rs.1,36,000/-
- The annual fee for International / NRI students is Rs.3,00,000/-
- Applicants from the States other than Andhra Pradesh and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries shall apply through RGUKT Website only.
- The application fees for out of state candidate for the year 2014 is Rs.150/-.
- The application fees for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries for the year 2014 is US $ : 25.00.
Admission of Students from other States and International Students
Important Feature Posts Details
Admission Procedure Reviewed by Tteachers on 14:16 Rating: