Automatic Advancement Scheme
- Automatic Advancement Scheme to the State Government employees and employees of Local
Bodies as a substitute for those who are entitled to get promotions, but are unable to get them at regular intervals because of stagnation due to non-availability of vacancies. According to this Scheme, every employee after a service of ten years in a particular scale shall be eligible for the next higher scale, called Special Grade Post Scale. A Government Employee who completes a period of 15 years in a particular scale shall be eligible for promotion scale called Special Temporary Promotion Scale. The fixation of pay on appointment to the posts under Automatic Advancement
Scheme shall be in relaxation of relevant provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Fundamental Rules. The employees upto XVIII Grade in RPS 1978 were eligible for this scheme. In Govt.Memo.No.41086-202/PRC I/81–1 Fin & Plg. (FW PRC.I) Dept., dt.31.12.1981, it was clarified that the appointment to the Special Grade Post / Special Temporary Promotion Post / Special Adhoc Promotion Post is not a promotion to a 2 higher post involving higher duties and responsibilities of higher post. The Government in G.O.Ms.No.266 G.A (Ser.A) Dept., dt.25.05.1981 made an Adhoc rule to the above extent. The Scheme was further extended to Teachers working in Government, Municipalities, Municipal Corporations, Zilla Parishads and Panchayath Samithis and also Aided Institutions in the G.O. second read above.
- In the G.O. 4th read above, orders were issued revising the Automatic Advancement Scheme as recommended by the Pay Revision Commission 1986 to the employees drawing pay upto Grade XVIII in the Revised Pay Scales 1986 and also introduced another level of Advancement after completion of 22 years of service by assigning second level promotion post scale/ next higher scale to the holders of SPP I/ SAPP I Scale as the case may be. In the G.O. 5th read above, orders were issued
modifying the Scheme as recommended by the Pay Revision Commission 1993. According to these orders, the Scheme was modified by allowing Automatic Advancement Grades on completion of 8,16 and 24 years of service instead of 10, 15 and 22 years of service. It was also ordered for fixation of pay under F.R. 22(a) (i) on promotion to regular post after availing the benefit of Automatic Advancement Scheme instead of fixation under F.R.22-B as ordered in G.O.Ms.No.2 Fin & Plg (PRC.I) Dept., dated 04.01.1988 and also discontinued the SPP-II Scale (Second level promotion scale) on completion of 24 years in a post, instead it was ordered that employees who completed 24 years of service shall be allowed one increment in the SPP-I scale only.
- The Government based on the recommendations of Pay Revision Commission 1999 issued orders in the G.O. 8th read above continuing the Scheme as recommended by the Pay Revision Commission 1993 and also exempting those employees who crossed 45 years of age from passing the Departmental tests, for appointment to the first level promotion post on the same conditions as were prescribed in G.O.Ms.No.225 G.A. (Ser.C) Dept., dated 18.05.1999.
- In the Government orders 9th and 10th read above, based on the recommendations of the Eighth Pay Revision Commission 2003, orders were issued reintroducing the fixation of pay under F.R. 22-B on promotion after availing the benefit of Automatic Advancement Scheme and also modifying the orders issued sanctioning one increment in the existing scales of SPP-II/SAPP-II post scale by reintroducing the SPP-II/SAPP-II Scales on completion of 24 years which is the next promotion post to the first level promotion post. It was also clearly ordered that in the case of an employee holding a post for which there is no promotion post under the relevant Service Rules, he should be eligible to be placed on completion of 24 years of service, in the scale of pay, next above the scale applicable to Spl.Adhoc Promotion Post Scale.I.
- On the recommendations of Ninth Pay Revision Commission, the Government issued orders in G.O.Ms.No.93 Finance (PC.II) Dept., dated 03.04.2010, modifying the earlier orders issued by extending the Scheme to the employees upto and inclusive of Grade XXV in the Revised Scale (i.e.) Rs.25600-50560 as against the scales of pay upto under Grade XXI. It was also ordered for fixation of pay under FR 22-B for those employees who are promoted after availing the benefit of Automatic
Advancement Scheme and if the above fixation results in, the senior drawing less pay than that of junior, the pay of the senior shall be stepped up w.e.f. the date of promotion of the junior to a figure equal to the pay fixed for the junior in the higher 3 post to which he/she is promoted on or after 01.07.2008, subject to the conditions laiddown therein, with monetary benefit from 01.02.2010. Further, Government also ordered that if the Service Rules are changed imposing additional qualifications, for promotion after the entry of the individual into service, he shall be allowed the benefit of the next scale contemplated under Special Adhoc Promotion Post Scale instead of denying the benefit of promotion and consequently the benefit of SPP-I/SPP-II Scales. Those who benefited from this dispensation cannot claim the benefit of SPP-I or II even if they acquire the necessary qualification at a later date.
- Subsequently, the Joint Action Committee of Employees, Workers and Teachers, Andhra Pradesh represented for change of periodicity of the Scheme as 6/12/18/24 years of service from the existing provision 8/16/24 years under Automatic Advancement Scheme. Based on the agreement reached between the Joint Action Committee of the employees in the reference 13th read above, Government
have agreed for the change of periodicity from the existing 8/16/24 to 6/12/18/24 years, for appointments under the Automatic Advancement Scheme.
- Accordingly, the Government hereby order that
An employee on completion of 6 years of service in aparticular post shall be appointed to the Special Grade Post Scale which is the next higher scale above the pay scale of the post he/she is holding.
Special Promotion Post Scale-I is divided into two parts as “A”& “B”
An employee on completion of 12 years of service in a particular post shall be appointed to the Special Promotion Post Scale I-A. It carries the pay scale of the post next above the post held by him which happens to be the promotion post in the regular line as prescribed in the Service Rules. For appointment to the Special Promotion Post Scale I-A he/she shall be fully qualified to hold that promotion post as prescribed in the Service Rules. In other words, such of the employees who have put in 12 years of
service in one post without getting any promotion, shall be considered for appointment to Special Promotion Post Scale-I-A, subject to the conditions laid down as above.
(12 years)In case, the Service Rules do not provide for any promotion, the employee on completion of 12 years of service in a particular post shall be appointed to the Special Adhoc Promotion Post Scale I-A which arries the next higher scale above the Special Grade Post Scale.
Scale I-B /
An Employee on completion of 18 years service in a particular post, shall be allowed one increment in the Special Promotion Post Scale I-A or Special Adhoc Promotion Post Scale I-A as the case may be, which shall
be called Special Promotion Post Scale I-B / Special Adhoc Promotion Post Scale I-B
An employee, on completion of 24 years of service in a particular post, shall be placed in the scale of the post applicable to the second level promotion post to the original post held by him. This is subject to the condition that he is fully qualified to be promoted to such promotion post as prescribed in service rules and also that such post should belong to the regular line and not outside the regular line. This scale shall be called Special Promotion Post Scale II. In other words, such of the employees who have put in 24 years of service in one post without getting any promotion, shall be considered for appointment to the Special Promotion Post Scale-II, subject to the condition laid down as above. Special Adhoc
(a) In case, the Service Rules do not provide for promotion at second level, the employee on completion of 24 years of service shall be placed in the scale of pay, next above the scale applicable to the Special Promotion Post Scale I-A. This Scale shall be called Special Adhoc Promotion Post
(b) In case, an employee holding a post for which there is no promotion post under relevant service rules, he shall be placed on completion of 24 years in the scale of pay next above the scale applicable to the SAPP-I B. This
Fixation of Pay
(a) The pay fixation on appointment to Special Grade / Special Promotion Post Scale-I-A/Spl. Promotion Post Scale-II/Special Adhoc Promotion Post I-A and Special Adhoc Promotion Post II shall be under FR 22 (a) (i) read with F.R.31 (2).
(b) One increment shall be allowed in the existing scale on appointment to Special Promotion Post Scale I-B/ Special Adhoc Promotion Post Scale I-B.
Fixation of pay
(a) In case of Promotions from the Special Grade and Special Promotion Post I A & I B, the pay shall be fixed under FR 22-B.
(b) In case of promotions from Special Promotion Post
Scale II, the pay shall be fixed under FR 22(a)(i) read with
- The employees after availing the benefit of SPP II are not eligible for the Automatic Advancement Scheme on their further promotions.
- The service that is to be reckoned for the purpose of appointment to Automatic Advancement Scheme is as spelt out in Govt .Memo.No.11th read above.
- All the conditions laid down, clarificatory orders and instructions issued from time to time so far as they are in consonance with these orders shall continue to be in force. 5
- These orders shall be applicable to the Government employees, teaching and Non-teaching staff of Local Bodies and Aided Institutions drawing State Pay Scales and drawing the pay in Grade-I to XXV in the Revised Scales, 2010 i.e.upto 25,600 – 50,560.
- These orders will come into force w.e.f. 01.02.2010. The arrears of pay fixations under this new scheme from 01.02.2010 to 31.05.2011 shall be credited to the respective General Provident Fund Account of the employees concerned. In respect of those employees who do not have General Provident Fund Account and governed by the Contributory Pension Scheme, the arrears for the period from 01.02.2010 to 31.05.2011 shall be credited to Compulsory Savings Fund, under the
following Head of Account - 1. Small Savings, Provident Funds etc., (b) Provident Funds, 8009 - State Provident Funds, 01-Civil, M.H.101-General Provident Funds, SH(03) ‘Compulsory Savings Scheme’ under “Public Accounts”.
- The Special Grade Scales in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010 are as indicated in Annexure-I. Automatic Advancement Scheme benefits for the categories of Last Grade Posts, Record Assistants, Roneo Operators, Drivers are indicated in the Annexure II.
- Any pay fixations contrary to the above Rules are liable for revision of pay and the excess amount paid thereon shall be recovered from the salaries of the employees concerned without any notice.
Important Feature Posts Details
Automatic Advancement Scheme Reviewed by Tteachers on 13:55 Rating: