Paternity Leave to Male Government Employees
- the Pay Revision Commission, 2005 has recommended for sanction of 15 days Paternity Leave to all the eligible persons and this have to be restricted to two children for a family.
- Government have accepted the above recommendations of the Pay Revision Commission, 2005 and accordingly hereby order that the competent authority may grant paternity leave on full pay to married male Government employees, temporary or permanent, for a period of 15 days subject to the condition that it shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children.
Paternity Leave to Male Government employees – Certain Clarification Memo.No. 20129
- competent authority may grant paternity leave on full pay to married male Government employees, temporary or permanent, for a period of 15days subject to the condition that it shall be granted to those with less than two surviving children.
- In the Circular Memo 2nd cited, it was clarified that the paternity leave has to be availed by the married male Government employee from the date when his wife has delivered the baby.
- The 9th Pay Revision Commission, 2008 among other things, with regard to sanction of Paternity Leave to married male Govt. employees, observed that as per the clarification issued by Government of India in O.M.No. 13018/2/98-Estt.(L), dated 16-7-1999 the employees of Government of India can avail paternity leave either before 15 days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery. Hence, the Commission, therefore, recommended to issue revised clarificatory instructions on the lines issued by the Government of India in its O.M. dt. 16-7-1999 in so far it relates to the grant of paternity leave.
- Government hereby further clarify that the paternity leave by married male Govt. employees can be availed either before 15days or within a period of 6 months from the date of delivery.
AP Model Schools - Sanction of Maternity Leave / Paternity Leave to the Principals / PGTs / TGTs working in Model Schools in Andhra Pradesh
- All the District Educational Officers in the state except Hyderabad and West Godavari are informed that the Proposals are being received from the Dsitrict Educational Officers for sanction of maternity leave and paternity leave to Principals / PGTs / TGTs working in te AP Model Schools. They are therefore informed that the service rules of Principals / PGTs / TGTs are yet to be finalized by the Government. To avoid hardship in sanctioning of maternity / paternity leave in absence of service rules District Educational Officers are requested to sanction maternity / paternity leave to the Principals / PGTs / TGTs working in AP Model School under AP Leave Rules 1933.
- All the DEOs in the State are also informed that Principals / PGTs / TGTs are eligible for casual leave / optional holidays / Special Casual Leaves on par with the Teaching staff working in ZP / Government Schools in the State.
- Further they are informed that the orders will be reviewed on approval of services rules to the Principals / PGTs / TGTs of the Model School
Important Feature Posts Details
Paternity Leave to Male Government Employees Reviewed by Tteachers on 11:05 Rating: