Pensions & Other retirement benefits to the Pensioners of the States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana on and after the Appointed Day -Instructions
As per G.O.Ms.No. 122 Date: 22.05.2014
- Upon approval of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014 by the President of India, the Government of India has notified the appointed date for the formation of the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as June 02, 2014.
- The Section 59 of the AP Reorganisation Act 2014 envisages that the ‘liability of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh in respect of pension rolls granted before the appointed day and drawn in any area outside the territories of the existing shall pass to, or be apportioned between, the successor States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in accordance with the provisions contained in the Eighth Schedule to the Act’.
- In the reference second cited, the Government of Andhra Pradesh have issued certain instructions to all the departments of the Secretariat andthe head of all departments to ensure that the proposals for grant of pension to all employees who have either retired from service or will be retiring from the service on or before June 01, 2014, are sent to the Principal Accountant General (A&E) of Andhra Pradesh latest by May 10, 2014. Further, even in the case of employees against whom disciplinaryaction is pending, the pension proposals shall be forwarded to the AG, duly mentioning the details. The head of the concerned office and the department will be held responsible for any laxity on this matter.
- In continuation of the above orders, the following instructions shall be followed while disbursing the Pension to the Service Pensioners / Family Pensioners and other pensioners who have retired before appointed day i.e.,02.06.2014 and after the appointed day.
- All the Service Pensioners, Family Pensioners and other Pensioners who are drawing the Pension from Treasuries & Accounts Department before appointed day i.e., 02.06.2014, shall draw their Pension as was done earlier in the same Treasury Office. The Principal Accountant General (A&E) shall adjust the expenditure on Pension and Pensionery Benefits of all the pensioners and employees retired before the appointed day i.e., 02.06.2014, of the two successor States i.e., Residuary State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on population ratio i.e., 41.62 % of the total expenditure to the Telangana and 58.32% to the Residuary state of Andhra Pradesh every month.
- In case of Employees who are serving after the appointed day in connection with the affairs of any successor State of composite state Andhra Pradesh, the successor state shall bear the portion of the pension and pensionery benefits i.e., Pension, Commuted value of Pension, Gratuity and Encashment of Earned Leave, attributable to his service in that successor state i.e., after the appointed day and theremaining portion of pension and pensionery benefits as was mentioned at sub-para (a) above. The Principal Accountant General (A&E) shall adjust the expenditure on Pension and Pensionery Benefits every month between the two states for the portion of his service in the united Andhra Pradesh and for the remaining portion to the successor State.
- The Principal Accountant General (A&E), while authorising the Pension of one successor State, shall send a copy of such authorisation along with Part.II(C) of the Pension proposals to the other successor State to take care of the procedural issues.
- In case of any previous service, that may have to be counted for the present service of an Employee, such order shall be approved by the both the successor States, i.e., Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The Principal Accountant General (A&E) shall adjust the expenditure on Pension and Pensionery Benefits every month between the two states i.e., Residuary State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on population ratio.
Important Feature Posts Details
Pensions & Other retirement benefits to the Pensioners of the States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana on and after the Appointed Day -Instructions Reviewed by Tteachers on 20:58 Rating: