TS SSC/10th Exam Grading System Telangana

TS SSC/10th Exam Grading System Telangana

1.Number of papers for each subject
  • Single paper for each language subjects i.e. Telugu, English, Hindi, Urdu etc.
  •  Two papers for non language subjects i.e. Science, Social Studies and Mathematics viz.,  Science– Paper 1 Biological Science, Paper 2 Physical Science; Social Studies– Paper 1 Geography and Economics, Paper 2 History and Civics; Mathematics– Paper 1 numbers, sets, algebra, progressions, coordinate geometry and Paper 2 geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, probability etc.
2.Papers and Marks:
SubjectTotal MarksMarks for final
public exam
marks [FA]
First Language (Telugu/ Hindi/ Urdu etc.)1008020
Second Language (Telugu/ Hindi)1008020
Third Language (English)1008020
Mathematics – Paper 1504010
Mathematics – Paper 2504010
Physical Science504010
Biological Science504010
Social Studies – Paper 1(Geography & Economics)504010
Social Studies – Paper 2(History & Civics)504010
3.Marks weightage and duration of examination
  1. Language subjects– 100 marks per paper and the examination duration will be 3.00  hours in addition to 15 minutes for reading the question paper.
  2.  Non language subjects– Mathematics, Science and Social Studies – Every subject will have two papers and each paper is for 50 marks and the examination duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes in addition to 15 minutes for reading the question paper.
  3.  The summative examinations which is school based for class IX and the final summative is of public exams at class X conducted by Director, Govt. Examinations. Each subject will be conducted for 80% of marks. The remaining 20% of marks are through internal  assessment i.e. Formative Assessment [FA].
  4.  The average of four formative assessments conducted in an academic year will be accounted for 20% of marks i.e. the average of four formative assessments will be taken and accounted for 20% of marks in class X public examinations.
  5.  Conduct one paper on each day except on general holidays
Summative Assessment:
  •  Three summative tests must be conducted in each academic year for classes IX and X.In case of class X, public examination will be in place of third summative test to be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education.
  •  First and second Summative Assessments shall be conducted by schools itself through preparing question papers for 80% of marks. This ensures that the children are trained to write public exams. The remaining 20% of marks shall be awarded on the basis of the Formative Assessment.
  •  The summative assessment for class IX and 1st and 2nd Summative Assessment in class X must be on the lines of public exams.
The questions must be developed based on the blue print reflecting the academic standards.
4.Internal and external weightages – Formative and Summative:
  • 80% of marks in each subject for the summative/ external public examinations and. the 20% of marks for the proposed internals under formative assessment. The areas and marks for the formative assessment is given here under.
Item for Formative AssessmentMarks
1.(A)Language subjects – Reading storybooks, children literature,newspapers etc. and reflecting in terms of writing and presentation inthe classroom.5
(B)Science – Doing the experiments and writing in the record.5
(C)Mathematics – Generating Mathematical problems under various
concepts – Writing and presentation in the classroom.
(D)Social Studies – Reading the text and interpretation and reflections on
contemporary social issues through writing and class room presentation
2.Children’s written work in their notebooks – Self expression/ writing to the questions/ tasks given in the exercise part under each unit/ lesson.
The children shall not copy the answers from guides/ study materials etc. but they should think and write on their own.
3.Project works5
4.Slip test5
  1. A separate notebook for each subject for the formative assessment pertaining to threeitems of serial numbers 1, 3 and 4 of the above table shall be maintained by each student. However, in case of serial number 2 i.e. a separate notebook may be maintained by each child. These notebooks reflecting children works must be preserved which will be the basis for awarding marks by the teacher and for the verification of officials whenever required.
  2.  The average of four FAs will be accounted for 20% of marks in public examinations under each subject.
Verification of internal marks and submitting to O/o Director, Govt. Exams:
  1. After completion of the 4th Formative Assessment, the headmaster should verify all the  records for the above internal tests and keep ready for external moderation committee  and submit the details of the marks to the SSC board after committee verification and  approval, in a fixed format through on-line. The programming part of this for submission  of internal marks from schools will be done by Director, Govt. Examinations.
  2.  10 to 15 schools in two or three Mandals shall be considered as a unit for monitoring and  moderating. The moderation committee formulated by the DEO, shall observe all the  schools assigned in the given Mandals both government and private and verify the  marks, grades awarded for internals and as well as co-curricular activities.
5.Pass marks and minimum marks for passing
•35% is the pass marks for all the language and non language subjects. Students must qualify both in internals (FA) and summative examinations separately.
• In non language subjects, the students must pass in each of the two papers separately.
• In case of formative assessment (internals), 20 marks each for all the subjects except Science i.e. 10 marks for Biological Science and 10 marks for Physical Science. One should secure 3.5 marks out of 10 marks in internals.
• Student must score a minimum of 35% of marks in each subject which includes both internals and externals. Students must secure 28 marks in external public exam and 7 marks in internals. Pass marks in Second Languages:
• The pass marks for second languages i.e. Hindi, Telugu etc. will be 35% on par with other language subjects.
TS SSC/10th Exam Grading System Telangana
7.Other curricular subjects (Co-curricular areas) – Evaluation
• Co-curricular activities i.e. Physical & Health Education, Arts & Cultural Education, Work & Computer Education, Value Education & Life Skills are the part of the school curriculum. Periods have been allocated in the school timetable for transaction of these areas. These areas are now  included for assessment in classes IX and X. Each areahas 50 marks.
• Grade details of these subjects are to be recorded in the memorandum of marks of class IX and X. The 5-point grade scale is applied to these areas i.e. A+, A, B, C and D.
• No public exam shall be conducted in these subjects. However, these areas will be evaluated for three times in an academic year i.e. quarterly, half yearly and annually. Teachers shall observe and award marks. The average will be taken into account and the details of grade must be submitted on-line by HM to Director, Govt. Exams after verification by the moderation committee.
• HM should allot the responsibility of conducting these co-curricular activities followed by assessment to the teachers. Initially, choice may be given to the teachers to select the areas based on their interest. If it is not possible, the HM should allot co-curricular activities to the working teachers as suggested here under.
􀂃 Value Education & Life Skills to language teachers/ Social Studies teachers.
􀂃 Art & Cultural Education to Social Studies teacher/ language teacher
􀂃 Work & Computer Education to Physical Science/ Biological Science teacher.
􀂃 Physical & Health Education will be conducted by Physical Director/ Physical
Education Teacher. In case PD/ PET is not available other teachers like Biological sciences etc. may be considered.
However, the co-curricular areas shall be shown separately and will not be counted for grading the students in curricular areas.

Important Posts Details


Avignam singh said...

Thanks For share the Information Admin. Some students are looking for the best place to view their Telangana SSC/10th Exam Results
after being announced by the Telangana authorities.

Akanksha Andi said...

good information but I heard that fa marks are not taken into consideration for public exams.....

can any1 give correct info please

Sudheesh dev SD said...

your sentence is wrong it is 'Thanks for sharing'

Sudheesh dev SD said...

how did you complete SSC

Anonymous said...

If a student gets A1 in all the subjects and gets A2 in one then,what grade will be awarded

kranthi kiran gamer said...

anyone know when is the last date for submission of FA records

Anonymous said...

... i think people from deo has visited your campus.
they will visit again in February and copydown ur internal marks of records
my name is sidhartha

Bobby Avula said...

What is the minimum pass marks for ssc