Prof Jaya Shankar Badi Panduga 2014-15
Director of School Education has informed to all the Project Officers of TSSA and the District Educational Officers in the Telengana State to conduct "Education Week" from 16th June to 21st June, 2014 in all the habitations in the State in a massive way involving public representatives, community, Stakeholder Departments, Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs)/ Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs) and School Management Committee (SMC) members etc. In this connection the commissioner and Director of School Education has also issued certain guidelines for conduct of "Education Week.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISIONER & DIRECTOR SCHOOL EDUCATION TELENGANA SSA, HYDERABAD
- Enrollment of 5+ children into 1st class.
- Admission of Out of School Children into Regular Schools (Short term dropouts), RSTCs/NRSTCs - "Special Training Centers" (long term dropouts & never enrolled children) and KGBVs.
- 100% transition of the school going children into the next higher classes with focus on transition of 5th 7th and 8th class children into 6th , 8th and 9th classes respectively.
- Ensuring water, sanitation and hygiene in all schools.
Guidelines for conduct of "Education Week
- Conducting Habitation/GP meetings on RTE Act, to create awareness on the provisions of the Act: Habitation/Gram Panchayats (GPs) meetings on RTE Act shall be conducted in all the School catchment area Habitation/GPs in the State from 16th June, 2014 onwards. The Project Officer shall get instructions issued from the District Collector to the District Panchayat Officer and MPDO's for issue of notification for conducting the meetings at Habitation/GPs in a phased manner in different Habitation/GPs every day. The MEO shall be asked to coordinate with the MPDO in smooth conduct of the meetings at Habitation/GPs as well as facilitating to provide the necessary IEC material on RTE. The MEO shall ensure the attendance of the SMC members & HMs of all the Govt./Aided Schools in the jurisdiction of the Habitation/GP meetings.
The Panchayat Secretaries shall be asked to coordinate the conduct of Habitation/GPs meetings effectively and the MPDO & MEO shall visit the Habitation/GPs meetings at random and furnish a report to the Mandal Special Officer and the Project Officer, Telengana SSA.
- Immediate necessary action shall be taken by all the Project Officers to convene a convergence meeting under the Chairmanship of the District Collector with the District Heads of Stakeholder departments like, District Educational Officer, P.O. Telengana SSA; Project Director, N.C.L.P, SE(RWS),DD Social Welfare, DTWO, BC Welfare, Minority Welfare, Dy. Director, Adult Education, Project Director, Women & Child Welfare, P.D,R.D.A/IKP; P.O,I.T.D.A.; Chief Executive Officer (Zilla Parishad); District Panchayat Officer, D.P.R.O, General Manager, Industries; Deputy/Asst. Commissioner of Labour; Principal DIET, Forest Range Officer and Representatives of NGOs etc., to discuss and finalize the district action plan for conduct of the programme.
- Necessary orders may be obtained from the District Collector to constitute district level teams consisting of District Officers / Special Officers to oversee monitor and conduct of the programme at Mandal Level. Necessary orientation shall be given to these teams to ensure smooth conduct of the programme at Mandal level.
- A District Level Education Committee (DLEC) shall be constituted at District level comprising of the District Collector as Chairman, Project Officer Telengana SSA as Convener and the District Officers representing School Education, Department of Women and Child Welfare(W & CW)/ Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS), Department of Labour, National Child Labour Project (NCLP), Deputy Director of Adult Education, DRDA — IKP, RWS, Panchayath Raj, Intermediate Education, Health Department, Social Welfare, Tribal Welfare, Minority Welfare, BC Welfare, Disabled Welfare Departments, Municipal Administration and TEWIDC as members.
- The District Officers of stakeholder departments shall give necessary instructions to their field functionaries well-in-advance on organizing day wise activities.
- A separate meeting shall be convened by the District Educational Officer and Project Officer of Telengana SSA with the Dy. Educational Officers (Dy.EOs), Mandal Educational Officers (MEOs), Cluster Resource Persons (CRPs) & Mandal Coordinators (MCOs) of Saakshara Bharat, CDPOs, Asst. CDPOs & Supervisors of ICDS and NGOs etc., to finalize the school / habitation level Action Plan. Necessary instructions / guidelines on conduct of "Badi Panduga" should be furnished to the participants of all meetings (District & Mandal) well in advance on conduct of the meetings.
- A Mandal Level Education Committee (MLEC) shall be constituted immediately comprising of Special Officer as Chairman, Tahsildar (MRO), MPDO, MEO (Member Convener), CRPs, MCOs of Saakshara Bharat, IERTs, Mandal Samakhya President /Secretary; Asst. CDPO & Supervisor of Women & Child Welfare Department, Asst. Commissioner of labour, local S.I of Police, Divisional PROs, Mandal Samakhya president/Secretary, Divisional Forest Officer, Special Officer of KGBV & NGOs etc., to coordinate and implement "Badi Panduga" schedule under the supervision of mandal level Special Officer.
- Task Force Committee:
Constitute a Task Force Committee at the mandal level with Tahsildar (MRO), MPDO, MEO, CRP's, ICDS supervisor, NGO representative, Asst. Labor Commissioner. The committee should visit every village in their mandal and shall organize Special Grama Sabhas to create awareness among the communities, identify, and enroll children into the schools, RSTCs/ NRSTC's, KGBV's, Seasonal Hostels.
- A Habitation Level Education Committee (HLEC) should be constituted immediately with Municipal Councilor/Special Officer (Chairman),HM(Member Convener), Teachers, G.P. Setretary, Village Samakhya President/Secretary, SMC members, Special Officer of KGBV, VCOs of Saaskhar Bharath programme, SHG members, Special Officer, KGBV, Mothers committee members, Anganwadi Teachers/ANM and NGO's etc.
- The meeting of the District, Mandal and Habitation Level Education Committees should be conducted on or before 13th June, 2014.
- The Mandal Educational Officer shall conduct a meeting with all HMs at MRC on I 4th June 2014 to brief the schedule, importance and significance of "Badi Panduga"2014 and about Day-wise reporting.
- The HMs of the respective Schools should be made responsible for admitting the children of 5th, 7th and 8th class into the nearest U.P/High Schools. No entry/admission fees shall be collected for admission into any class in Govt./Aided schools. The District Educational Officers shall issue necessary instructions accordingly.
- CRPs should be made responsible for implementation of "Badi Panduga" in their clusters in a befitting manner and for collection of data and submission of day-wise reports to DPO.
- A Cell shall be opened in all the District Project Offices of SSA in the state to monitor the implementation of activities and provide required guidance to the field functionaries.
- All the Sectoral officers shall be assigned with certain mandals for effective implementation of the programme.
- Mapping of vulnerable pockets/Special Focused Groups areas with respect to dropouts, low enrolment, habitations of under privileged communities etc., may be identified in districts well-in-advance to address the issues in a focused manner.
- Various village level organizations shall be motivated to participate in the programme.
- Book depots shall be opened in identified schools in convergence with the Department of Libraries. "Reading Mela" shall also be organized in all schools to demonstrate the performance of children and also to inculcate reading habit among children.
- Steps shall be taken to declare some of the villages as "Out of School Children Free" as part of Special Enrolment Drive and continue throughout the year till the completion of all villages.
- All the Schools should observe "Green Day" and plant the trees in the School Premises. The MEO and HMs of the Schools in the Mandals should approach their respective DLFOs for Green Saplings/Plants.
- Plantation shall be taken up in schools with the help of school children, NCC cadets, NSS volunteers, DIET trainees etc.,
- All the HMs of the schools should constitute a team with the students and teachers to take care of the plants and should see to protect and watering them.
- Health checkups should be taken up every day during "Badi Panduga" in convergence with Medical and Health department. Health cards shall also be issued to the children of regular schools, KGBVs, Madarsas, Special Training Centers etc.,
- The DEO & PO, Telengana SSA should effectively coordinate the activities proposed with all the Stakeholder departments/organizations like Teacher Unions & CSOs under the leadership of the District Collector and ensure that the programme is made a grand success in the district.
- The HMs of all the schools should ensure the class promotion of the students form the present class to the next higher class and open separate registers by enrolling them.
- The class Teachers of the 5th class and 7th class of the Primary and Upper Primary Schools should take the responsibility of taking the students along with them and admit them in the next level higher schools, personally. The HMs of the Primary/Upper Primary School should take care of this transition process in an effective and smooth manner duly entering their details in the respective registers of the school.
Important Feature Posts Details
Prof Jaya Shankar Badi Panduga 2014-15 Reviewed by Tteachers on Saturday, June 14, 2014 Rating: