Balika Samridhi Yojana for Indian Girl children
The recast Balika Samridhi Yojana will be a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme to extend 100% central assistance to States/Union Territories to provide benefits under the Scheme in accordance with the norms, guidelines and conditions laid down by the Central Government.
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother.
- To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To rise the age at marriage of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
The girl children eligible under BSY will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A post-birth grant amount of Rs.500/-.
- When the girl child born on or after 15/8/1997 and covered under BSY starts attending the school, she will become entitled to annual scholarships as under for each successfully completed year of schooling:
- I-III Rs.300/- per annum for each class
- IV Rs.500/- per annum
- V Rs.600/- per annum
- VI-VII Rs.700/- per annum for each class
- VIII Rs.800/- per annum
- IX-X Rs.1, 000/- per annum for each class
- This scheme is intended to increase the status of the girl child in India. It provides financial support to encourage girls to attend schools. Girls born after the 15th of August 1997 to families living below the poverty line are eligible for this scheme.
- A maximum of two daughters in a family can benefit from this scheme.
- The scheme will pay annual scholarships into the girl’s account, starting at Rs.300 (when the girl is in Class 1) and reaching Rs.1, 000 when the girl is in Class 10.
- The girl will receive the money when she is 18 years old, provided she is not yet married.
- How to Apply: Contact the Gram Panchayat which you belongs to
Important Feature Posts Details
Balika Samridhi Yojana for Indian Girl children Reviewed by Tteachers on Monday, September 29, 2014 Rating: