International French Language Olympiad
International French Language Olympiad
- Every child must appear for talent exams because it improves reading & writing skills, enhances your knowledge, explores your hidden talent which builds and develops your career and also enriches your personality. The importance of foreign language study can be best realized by studying one! The accomplishing feeling you get on learning a foreign language, the enrichment in you that the language brings, can be felt only by experience. Languages are means of expression. They can become links joining dissimilar cultures. Knowing many languages improves one's cognitive skills and interpretive abilities. Foreign language study is indeed rewarding. There are many benefits associated with learning a foreign language at an early age:
- Firstly, learning a language of another country helps one understand its culture. Having studied a foreign language, one can understand one's own language better. Certain courses & colleges require at least two years of learning of any foreign language study for admission. Many fields such as the travel industry, communications, advertising, education and engineering have sectors dealing with foreign language study. After research & study we found French to be one of the most important foreign language and we are hereby pleased to launch this talent exam for the benefit of School students. Detailed syllabus and Sample question papers are provided here. Please refer the Books and CDs published by Silverzone for the preparation of iFLO. SilverZone recommends the competition for each and every student who is studying computer as their subject in the school.
- The language medium is French only. The examination is being conducted for only for classes from 6th to 10th with the following details.
- There will be 30 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking
1. Top two participants will be sent to France for an educational excursion along with their respective coordinating teacher (one each)
2. Other top two participants will get a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each.
Stage-2 is conducted to find top four participants among twelve toppers of stage -I.
Prizes - Level 1
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 6th to 9th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
- The Registration for IFLO'14 has already been started.
- The International French Language Olympiad '15 will be held in Dec. '14/Jan. '15.
- The Venue of the Olympiad will be the school itself.
- The Result will be available at olympiads.asia in the month of February '15.
- The Awards and prizes will be sent to the school within 3-4 weeks after the Result is declared on our Website.
Last Date: 30th September 2014
For detailed syllabus and Sample question papers and other details, please visit:olympiads.asia/newweb/iflo_syllabus_question_paper.html
Important Feature Posts Details
International French Language Olympiad Reviewed by Tteachers on Thursday, September 25, 2014 Rating: