International Olympiad of Science
iOS - About International Olympiad of Science
Society of Science Education, a registered organization Under societies registration act XXI of 1860 by Govt. of NCT of Delhi, founded and run by experts in Science, Education and media, presents the International Olympiad of Science (iOS) with the objective of promoting Science Talents in India and abroad. The organization actively promotes Science education through workshops, seminars, refresher courses, Science Olympiads at the national and international levels. SSE is supported by SilverZone, New Delhi. SilverZone is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified organization devoted to the field of IT and education.
Students judge themselves at international levels. The tests at local or regional level does not provide the right insight and judgment about the challenges ahead.
iOS builds a solid foundation for school students to excel in Science based on ICSE,CBSE and State board syllabus.
A comprehensive report based on Olympiad examination enables students to delve deeper into their strengths and weaknesses. It also motivates them towards excellence.
iOS promotes Science talents from school to national and higher levels by recognizing their merits and awarding them.
iOS promotes participation of the teachers for the benefits of the student community
Structure of the Olympiad
Level 1 :All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1
Level 2 :Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination. All class 1st rank holders (with a minimum of 75% marks) with a minimum participation of 75 students are also eligible for 2nd level Examination.
Level 3 :Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
Fee Structure and Study Material
FOR SCHOOLS OUTSIDE INDIA : The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$6 per student. Study Material (For Classes 1st to 10th) : The cost of Preparatory Text Book (USD$3), Question paper Booklet (USD$3) and Science Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) is not included in the fee.
FOR SCHOOLS IN INDIA : The participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs.120/- per student.
For Payment mode in India and Aborad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.
Prizes for Students
- Top 2 Students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion abroad.
- Olympiad 1st rank holder of 11th and 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/- each.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to10th will be awarded with a Tab along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a cash Prize of Rs. 5000/- along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
For more details, please visit:olympiads.asia/newweb/ios_syllabus_question_paper.html
Important Feature Posts Details
International Olympiad of Science Reviewed by Tteachers on Thursday, September 25, 2014 Rating: