Council for Higher Edn in Telangana Web Portal
Purpose for creation of the Department:
The Department is created to promote Collegiate Education, giving special attention to the areas located in Backward and Rural areas, to strengthen Women education at undergraduate and post-graduate levels to create educational opportunities for weaker sections of the society and to introduce need-based vocational courses replacing the conventional courses in a phased manner.Evolution of the Department:
In the year 1969 the State Government had introduced 10+2+3 systems of education and started number of Junior Colleges in the State to impart Intermediate Education. The number of these colleges increased immensely after formation of Directorate of Higher Education on 30.06.1975. Consequently, the administrative responsibilities of Director of Higher Education have enormously increased and the centralized management of all the colleges from the State capital had become very difficult. Thus the need was felt to decentralize the organization which has resulted in the creation of four regional offices in the State to oversee the functioning of colleges in the respective regions in the year 1981. The four offices of Regional Joint Directors are located at Rajahmundry, Gutur, Kadapa and Warangal.
- Development of Undergraduate and Post Graduate Education.
- Increasing Access to Higher Education.
- PromoObjectivesting Higher Education in the under privileged sections of the society and women, particularly in rural areas.
- Encouraging private participation in the expansion of Collegiate Education
- Development of infrastructure in Government Colleges.
- Ensuring maintenance of high standards of education in colleges.
- Restructuring Vocationalisation of courses in Collegiate Education for increasing employment potential.
- Establishing linkages with industries and market
- Use of IT and modern technology for improvement of quality in academics and administration.
- Promoting Academic autonomy, innovation and change.
- Imparting higher education through Degree and PG colleges in the State.
- Administrative control of all Government Degree Colleges in the State.
- Inspecting the Regional , Offices and Degree Colleges in the State.
- Release of grants (grant-in-aid) to Private Aided Colleges in the State.
- Auditing the financial functioning of colleges.
- Assessing the developmental requirements of Government Colleges and releasing grants.
- Regulation and sanction of various types of scholarships.
- Restructuring of courses by introducing need based and market oriented courses.
- Encouraging colleges to opt for Autonomous status.
- Preparation of Government colleges for assessment and accreditation by standard agencies like NAAC.
- Production and Telecast of quality lessons through MANA TV Channels of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Encouraging Automation of College office functioning.
- Conducting Training Programmes to Lecturers and Principals for improving their knowledge and skills.
- Formulation of schemes for the overall development of the department academically and administratively.
- Coordination with Universities and other Institutions concerned.
- Establishing & Monitoring the training activities at Knowledge Centers of Degree colleges in the state.
Important Feature Posts Details
Council for Higher Edn in Telangana Web Portal Reviewed by Tteachers on 21:16 Rating: