INSPIRE Scholarships 2014
- Ministry of Science and Technology Department of Science and Technology Submission of Application for the “SCHOLARSHIP FOR HIGHE EDUCATION (SHE)” - a component of `Innovation in Science Pursuit fo Inspired Research (INSPIRE).
- Applications for the year 2014 are invited from eligible candidates for INSPIRE Scholarship under Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) component of Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scheme of the Department of Science & Technology . Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only, through the web - portal www.online-inspire.gov.in. This web portal will be open from 1st August 2014 (10-00 hrs) and will be available up to 31stOctober 2014 (17-00 hrs) for submission of applications.The detailed notification of this announcementcall is available at the website www.online-inspire.gov.in.
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates for `Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)‟, a component of INSPIRE. Total of 10,000 scholarships are available annually under SHE. The scholarships are limited only to the candidates who have passed Class XII in the year 2014 from various recognized Indian State and Central Boards and studying courses in natural/ basic sciences at three years B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), four years B.S and five years integrated M.Sc./M.S programs in any UGC recognized College/ University/ Institutions in India. The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical or applied science courses.
- Each eligible candidate will receive scholarship valued at Rs.80,000 annually. The cash value payable to the SHE scholarship holder is Rs.60,000 per annum along with a summer time attachment fee of Rs.20,000 which will be paid for undertaking summer time research project.
- Selected candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years starting from 1st year course in B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), BS and integrated course leading to M.S. or M.Sc. or till completion of the course, whichever is earlier. Continuation of the scholarship for selected candidates is based on performance in the examinations conducted and certified by the institution imparting education.
- The eligibility of candidates will be based on a) performance in Board Examinations within the cut-off threshold (top 1%) for each State or Central Board Examination in the year 2014 at Class XII level as listed in Table 1 and/ or b) performance in any of the specified Competitive Examinations within stipulated cut off ranks and recipient of various scholarships and medals (Table 2 & Table 3). The eligible candidate must be already enrolled into a valid degree level course in natural / basic sciences within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship (Table 4) at any UGC recognized College or University or National Institute in India. Receipt of Eligibility Note or Eligibility Certificate on INSPIRE Scholarship from respective Board is not mandatory as an eligibility criteria to apply and also do not guarantee the Scholarship. Moreover, top 1% Cut-off of previous year (2013) given in Table 1 would only be used for guidelines purpose. For more details visit our website: www.online-inspire.gov.in and www.inspire-dst.gov.in. The selection will be subject to evaluation of each application based on the above eligibility criteria including finalization of actual top 1% cut-off of Class 12 examination 2014 for each Board. In the case of receiving more than 10,000 eligible applications in the given year, the selection will be on the basis of Board inclusive model within the available number of Scholarships in that year.
For more details please refer the Website : INSPIRE scholarship
Important Feature Posts Details
INSPIRE Scholarships 2014 Reviewed by Tteachers on 04:24 Rating: