State Eligibility Test 2014 | AP SET 2014 | TS SET 2014 Notification
The SET will be conducted in objective mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of multiple choice questions and will be held on the day of examination in two separate sessions as under:
State Eligibility Test is conducted in the interest of large number of aspirants for recruitment as Assistant Professors/Lecturers through direct recruitment or by promotions in Universities and Degree Colleges in the State. Candidates can also appear for the Test in Telugu medium, wherever applicable. In 2012, UGC, New Delhi identified Osmania University as the State Agency for Andhra Pradesh to conduct the SET and later gave re-accreditation for another three consecutive years to Osmania University as a nodal agency to conduct the APSET Examination for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015.
However, in the context of State bifurcation, Osmania University sought the clarification from both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments with regard to the conduct of SET-2014 and both the governments have given Osmania University their concurrence and approval for the conduct of SET-2014. The University Grants Commission, New Delhi suggested that the combined result has to be prepared for the candidates of both the States i.e. Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and the cut-off marks are to be determined for both the States as a whole. The criteria to be adopted for determining the cutoff marks and declaration of results should remain the same as it was done in 2013. Further, it was suggested that SET should issue the certificates reflecting the fact that it is a common SET for both the
State Eligibility Test for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States -2014 (SET-TS & AP) will be conducted by the Osmania University on 04-01-2015. Prof.B.Rajeswara Reddy, Member Secretary of
SET- TS & AP informs that the SET will be conducted in 27 subjects and the examination schedule is
- Submission of on-line applications : 10.10.2014 to 31.10.2014
- With late fee of Rs. 100 : 01.11.2014 to 08.11.2014
- With late fee of Rs. 200 : 08.11.2014 to 15.11.2014
- Date of Examination 04.01.2015
- Only those candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear AP. SET. Others need not apply.
- Candidates who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in the Master’s degree ( for OC & BC) and 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Physically Challenged (PH)/VH category candidates are eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared (or) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the AP.SET Examination.
- Candidates have to appear for AP-SET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- The candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asst. Professors / Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Andhra Pradesh. They will be given a pass-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/PH/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test. If in the event of the candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by AP.SET.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the university has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
- The candidates will not be given any mark sheet from the AP.SET office whether they have qualified or not qualified. No revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualified candidates only after careful verification of the concerned certificates of the candidate.
- The same photograph of the candidate which is printed on the hall ticket will also be Printed on the certificate to be issued by the Office of the AP.SET.
Scheme of Examination for SET 2014 State Eligibility Test 2014
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50x2=100||1¼ Hours (09.30 am to 10.45 am|
|First||II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50x2=100||1¼ Hours (10.45 am to 12.00 noon)|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75x2=150||2½ Hours (01.30 pm to 04.00 pm)|
GENERAL PAPER ON TEACHING AND RESEARCH APTITUDE (PAPER – I)
|04||Computer Science & Applications||Download|
|10||Journalism & Mass Communication||Download|
|25||Library and Information Science||Download|
Important Feature Posts Details
State Eligibility Test 2014 | AP SET 2014 | TS SET 2014 Notification Reviewed by Tteachers on Wednesday, October 08, 2014 Rating: