Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) cum Teacher Recruitment Test
The Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) cum Teacher Recruitment Test for the posts of Teachers Go 38 dated 19-11-2014 NOTIFICATION Released
In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 309 of the Constitution of India read with sub section (3) and (4) of Section 169, Sub-sections (3) and (4) of section 195 and Section 243 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, (Andhra Pradesh Act 13 of 1994) and amendments thereon and third proviso to Section 74 of the Andhra Pradesh Municipalities Act, 1965 (Andhra Pradesh Act 6/1965) and Section 78 and Section 99 of the Andhra Pradesh Education Act, 1982 (Act 1 of 1982), read with sub-section (1) of section 23 of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009 (Central Act No. 35 of 2009), duly incorporating the norms and conditions of the eligibility criteria provided by NCTE for the post of teachers and duly rescinding the earlier Government Orders issued in the GO. Ms. No 51, SE Gen. Dept., Dated 16.04.2011 in this regard, the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following rules for Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) cum Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) to the posts of Teachers in the schools of Andhra Pradesh.
- These rules 2014 may be called as the Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) cum Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) for the posts of Teachers (Scheme of Selection) Rules.
- These rules shall apply to all categories of teacher posts in Government, Zilla Praja Parishad, Mandal Praja Parishad, Special Schools, Integrated Tribal Development Agency, Municipalities, Municipal Corporation Schools and to such other categories of teacher posts in such other schools as may be notified by the Government from time to time.
- These rules shall come into force with immediate effect from the date of issue of these orders.
Rule-2In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Appointing Authority” means.
(i) The District Educational Officer of the district concerned in respect of posts of teachers in Government Schools, Mandal Praja Parishads Schools, Zilla Praja Parishad Schools and Special Schools.
(ii) The Commissioner of concerned Municipality/ Municipal Corporation in respect of posts of teachers in Municipality or Municipal Corporation Schools.
(iii) The Project Officer of the Integrated Tribal Development Agency concerned in respect of posts of teachers in ITDA Schools.
- “Chief Executive Officer” means the Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Praja Parishad appointed under section 186 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, 1994.
- “Collector” means any officer in-charge of a Revenue District;
- “Commissioner of School Education” means the Officer in-charge of General Education which includes Primary, Upper Primary, Secondary, Special Schools and Teacher Education in the State;
- “District” means Revenue District;
- “District Educational officer” means the Officer in-charge of General Education which includes Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary, Non-formal and Teacher Education in the District;
- “Government” means the State Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- “Malpractice” means in relation to an examinee appearing for the written test, the unauthorized help from any person in any manner or from any material or from any source whatsoever or the unauthorized use of any telephonic, wireless or electronic or other instrument of gadget in any manner, as described in the Andhra Pradesh Public Examination (Prevention of Malpractices and unfair means) Act, 1997 (Act 25 of 1997).
- “Mandal Praja Parishad” means a Mandal Praja Parishad constituted under section 148 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 .
- “Mandal Praja Parishad Development Officer” means the officer appointed by that designation under section 168 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, 1994.
- “Medium of Instruction” means the language through which subjects other than languages are taught.
- “Municipality” means a municipality constituted under the Andhra Pradesh Municipalities Act, 1965; (13) “Municipal Corporation” means a municipal corporation constituted or deemed to have been constituted under any law relating to Municipal Corporation for the time being in force;
- “NCTE” means National Council for Teacher Education.
- “School” means a Primary School or Upper Primary School or a High School or a Special School for disabled; and
- “Zilla Praja Parishad” means a Zilla Praja Parishad constituted under the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, 1994.
The Recruitment shall be through a selection process consisting of Written Test and other criteria stipulated by the Government from time to time. The total marks shall be 180 for SGTs and PETs. For all School Assistant posts total marks shall be 200 (Two hundred). It will be purely based on merit cum roaster system as per the existing provisions being adopted by Government of Andhra Pradesh
A candidate for selection to the posts of Teachers shall possess the academic and professional/ training qualifications as follows:-
(a) Must be fully qualified for the post applied for and in possession of all Certificates as on the last date prescribed in the notification for submission of applications.
(b) (i) Must possess Intermediate Certificate issued by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or other equivalent certificates recognized by Board of Intermediate Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
(ii) Must possess Academic degrees of Universities recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
(iii) Teacher Education Courses recognized by National Council for Teacher Education.
(iv) Distance Mode courses offered by Universities and Deemed Universities recognized by Joint Committee comprising University Grants Commission, Distance Education Council (DEC), All India Council for Technical Education and with jurisdiction to operate such courses in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
(v) Special Education Courses recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India.
(vi) The candidates should have either been qualified in earlier APTETs OR should obtain minimum qualifying marks in the present TET cum TRT. However, this is not applicable in case of PETs and School Assistants (Physical Education).
Important Feature Posts Details
Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) cum Teacher Recruitment Test Reviewed by Tteachers on Thursday, November 20, 2014 Rating: