Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act, 1982 - Adaptation in the State of Telangana
A.P. Reorganisation Act, 2014 -Higher Education – Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act, 1982(ActNo.11 of 1982) - Adaptation in the State of Telangana – Orders G.O.MS.No. 23 Date:10.11-2014– Issued
Read the following
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act, 1982.
- The Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014).
O R D E R
- Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014, the appropriate Government i.e. the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014 and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other Competent Authority.
- And Whereas it has become necessary to adopt Dr. R. Ambedkar Open University Act, 1982 (Act.No.11 of 1982) which is in force as on 01.06.2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana:
- Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in Extra-ordinary issue of Telangana State Gazette:
NOTIFICATIONIn exercise of powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act,2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following Order,namely:-
- (A) This Order may be called Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Acr, 1982 (Telangana Adaptation) Order,2014.
(B) It shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from 02.06.2014.
- The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 (Act No.1 of 1891) applies for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
- In this Order, the ‘law’ i.e. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act being adapted in this order shall have the same meaning as defined in section 2 (f) of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act,2014.
- In Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act,1982,-
(i) Throughout the Act, the words “Andhra Pradesh” (except occurring in the citation of
other Acts) shall be substituted with the word “Telangana”.
(ii) In section 3, in sub-section (1), after the words “Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Open University”,
the words “Telangana State” shall be inserted
- For the purpose of this Order and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act,2014.
Important Feature Posts Details
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University Act, 1982 - Adaptation in the State of Telangana Reviewed by Tteachers on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 Rating: