GO 10 NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examination for AP ST Students
Tribal Welfare Department – Tribal Sub Plan – New Scheme – “ NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examinations for Scheduled Tribe Students in the State of Andhra Pradesh – Sponsoring of meritorious Scheduled Tribe candidates to reputed private institutes – Sanctioned - Orders – Issued.
Read the following:1. Act No. 1 of 2013, dated 24.1.2013.
2. G.O. Ms.No.7, Planning (XXII) Department, dated, 23.2.2013.
3. G.O. Ms No.10, Planning (XXII) Department, dated, 23.2.2013.
4. Minutes of 9th & 10th Nodal Agency for TSP meeting held on 01-12-2014 & 05-12-2014.
5. From the Commissioner of Tribal Welfare, AP, Hyderabad Lr.No.23/PETC/2014, dt:12-12-2014.
6. Minutes of 3rd State Council for Development of SCs and STs held on 27-12-2014.
1.The Government of Andhra Pradesh has enacted the Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan (SCSP)/Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP) (Planning, Allocation and Utilization of Resources) Act (Act 1 of 2013), which came into effect from January 25th, 2013. The purpose of SCSP / TSP Act is to reduce the gaps in the development of STs and also to facilitate access to better livelihoods and employment opportunities to the Scheduled Tribes, especially the educated youth.
2. In order to ensure Scheduled Tribe students reach the higher echelons of administration, there is need in Andhra Pradesh to facilitate their entry in Civil Services, which is through the mode of the annual Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC. The entry of ST Students in the higher Civil Services will enable them to participate effectively in the decision making process in the highest level and also boost their morale and also ameliorate their sense of deprivation and alienation from the development process.
3. It is also observed that the trend is that the students from the economically poor Scheduled Tribe families have not been faring well in the Civil Services Exam, especially during the last 6 to 8 years.
4. Keeping all the above conditions in mind and to improve the opportunities for better employment, the Nodal Agency for TSP in its 9th & 10th meeting held on 01-12-2014 & 05-12-2014 has agreed for sponsoring ST candidates for Civil Services and other Competitive examinations as part of the PETC program of the Department vide its resolution No.15/2014 in the reference 4th read above. The State Council for the Development of SCs and STs also approved the same vide reference 6th read above.
5. Government, after close study of the practices followed in other States hereby decides to sanction the new scheme “NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examination for ST Students with an outlay of Rs. 269.43 Lakhs to conduct 3 guidance programs under the scheme. The scheme will come into operation during 2015–16. The expenditure under the scheme shall be met from Tribal Sub-plan budget of 2015-16.
6. The guidelines, mode of selection and the other details of the scheme are appended at annexure to this order.
7. The Director of Tribal Welfare, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action accordingly.
Download Go No 10 dated 03-02-2015
SALIENT FEATURES AND MODALITIES OF THE SCHEME:
A) Students will be sponsored for three guidance programs to reputed private institutions at three different stages as per the UPSC examination pattern for Civil Services.
B) Reputed institutions will be selected in a transparent manner by calling for “Expression of Interest” by a Committee of Senior Officers.
C) Selection and allotment of students and payment of fee linking it to strict monitoring of the regular attendance of the students.The details of the proposed schemes and sub-schemes are as follows.
A.DETAILS OF THE THREE GUIDANCE PROGRAMS:i) Integrated Guidance Scheme (CSAT+Mains): To give integrated guidance for 100 students for the “CSAT (Prelims) cum Mains” for about 9 months.
ii) Mains Guidance Scheme: To give guidance for two months for all eligible ST students who qualified in Prelims.
iii) Personality Test Guidance Scheme: To give guidance for one month for all eligible ST students who qualified in Mains.
B.SELECTION OF REPUTED INSTITUTIONS:
The Department of Tribal Welfare will invite Expression of Interest (EOI) from competent coaching institutions with an excellent track record for imparting coaching for the above programmes. The following criteria are prescribed for selection of the institutes:
1. The institution should have minimum experience of 10 years in imparting training to candidates for Civil Services exams, conducted by UPSC.
2. The institution should have excellent track record and must necessarily have produced excellent results.
3. The institution must have expert and excellent faculty (profiles have to be furnished). 4. The institution should have good library, study material and other infrastructure.
C.CONSTITUTION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE:
The Selection Committee is constituted with the following members.
i) Director/Commissioner, Tribal Welfare
ii) Commissioner, Collegiate Education
iii) Commissioner, Technical Education
iv) Representative nominated by the Finance Department
The above Committee will shortlist the institutions and will recommend to Government for empanelment in order to sponsor the students for coaching. The Committee may recommend maximum number of candidates to be sponsored to each institute, so that all candidates are not sponsored to a single institute. The sponsored candidates should be given training along with other students and the Government sponsored candidates should not be made into a separate batch.
D. SELECTION AND ALLOTMENT OF STUDENTS:i) Prelims cum Mains Integrated Guidance:
a) An advertisement will be issued in one prominent Telugu News Paper and also placed in the department website, calling for applications from the eligible ST students, whose annual family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs.b) Students should have passed any degree course
c) An entrance examination will be conducted to select the meritorious candidates. Atleast 33% of the seats will be allotted for women for Prelims cum Mains programme.
d) 3% of the seats will be allotted to the disabled candidates as per norms.
ii) Mains Guidance: All ST candidates belonging to the State of Andhra Pradesh and qualified in the prelims CSAT examination and whose annual family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs will be eligible for admission into this programme.
iii) Personality Test Guidance: All ST candidates belonging to the State of Andhra Pradesh and qualified in the Mains examination and whose annual family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs will be eligible for admission into this programme.
E. ALLOTMENT OF STUDENTS TO SELECTED INSTITUTES:
The students who are selected through entrance exam can be given the option for selecting the empanelled institution of their choice, for admission through counseling, subject to ceiling of seats that may be prescribed institution wise by the Committee.
F.MODE OF PAYMENT OF FEE:
Once the institute is empanelled and students are sponsored, fee will be paid in two installments- first installment, after the students report for coaching and second installment, towards the end of the course.
G. MONTHLY ATTENDANCE REPORTS:
The institutes shall send monthly attendance reports to the Director, A.P.Study Circle. Second installment shall be paid only for those candidates who have put in at least 90% attendance.
Important Feature Posts Details
GO 10 NTR Vidyonnathi” for providing Professional Guidance for Civil Services Examination for AP ST Students Reviewed by Tteachers on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 Rating: