Rc 1816 National Rural Drinking and Sanitation Awareness Week in Telangana Schools
The SPD of SSA of Telangana State, Hyderabad has issued proceeding Rc.No.1816 to all the POs, CMOs in Telangana State SSA for observe "National Rural Drinking and Sanitation Awareness Week" in Telangana Schools and organization of "Awareness Programme on water & sanitation" in schools from 16-03-2015 to 22-03-2015.
Subject: TSSA, Hyderabad - National Rural Drinking and Sanitation Awareness Week" from 16th to 22th March, 2015- Reg.
Reference: D.O.2/2/DWS0/2015, Dt:10.02.2015 Vijaylaxmi Joshi I.A.S.,Chief Secretary, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar
Secretary, Govt. of India, Ministry of Drinking water & Sanitation circulated a letter for launching of "National Rural Drinking water & Sanitation Awareness Week" from 16th to 22th March, 2015, coinciding with the culmination of World Water Day celebration on 22.03.2015, to accelerate awareness in villages across India on issues viz Sanitation & Rural Drinking water.
1. The focus of the campaign shall be to
(i) create total awareness on Swachh Bharat Mission to keep village clean,
(ii) build and use toilets,
(iii) importance of hand washing with soap,
(iv) Garbage handling and storage of drinking water,
(v) water conservation; and
(vi) participatory O & M of water supply systems.
2. For this effort to be successful large scale mobilization of possible partners in this exercise has to be ensured. These will include:
- IEC consultants Swachha doots, Block and District Coordinators and VWSC members;
- School students:
- Services of ASHA., Anganwadi workers, SHG groups, School Teachers, Doctors, PRIs, Patwaris and Village level workers of all Departments.
- Local leaders and known persons tithe village for visibility and acceptance;
- Services of NCC cadets, Boy Scouts, Girls Guides, Nehru Yuval Kendras;
- Rotary and Lions Club and other similar organization to reach out to various sections;
- Deputed NGOs, CSO, SLIGs, especially Women SHGs across the country;
- Officers of other Departments like Health, Women and Child Development & School Education Department requesting them to spare the services of their personnel during the sanitation campaign;
- Multilateral organizations UNIDEF, WSP GSF, WSSCC etc;
- Agencies like Sulabh, Wateraid, Plan India, Arghyam, Water for People etc
- Media representatives
3. To undertake this massive campaign., funds under Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) (IEC) and National Rural Drinking Water Programme [NRDWP] funds under (Support) should be effectively and aggressively utilized. The Ministry is also planning to have a video conference with all State Secretaries sometime during the next week.
Important Feature Posts Details
Rc 1816 National Rural Drinking and Sanitation Awareness Week in Telangana Schools Reviewed by Tteachers on Saturday, March 14, 2015 Rating: