Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC Students-New Guidelines
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC Students New Guidelines in Telangana/TS Go 7
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi – Financial Assistance for SC students for pursuing higher studies in Post-Graduate courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2013-14 –Amendment - Orders-G.O.MS.No. 7. Dated:29-04-2015 – Issued.Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.54, Social Welfare (Edn.2) Dept., dated 28-06-2013.
2. From the Assistant Registrar, Hon’ble High Court of A.P., Hyderabad Order in WP.No.21162, dt.25-11-2014.
3. From the Director (FAC),SCDD, TS, Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.D1/1753/2014-1, Dated:23-01-2015.
1.In reference first read above, Government have issued orders introducing the scheme under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Financial Assistance for SC students for pursing higher studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2013-14, subject to the condition of following income limit:
“SC students whose family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents / guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 Lakhs per annum”.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Hon’ble High Court in its orders dated: 25.11.2014 in WP.No.21162/2014 filed by Ch. C. Satyanarayana F/o. Ch. Rachina (who applied for sanction of scholarship under the scheme) observed as follows:
The contents of the paragraph No.5 (a) of GO.Ms.No.54, Dated:28.06.2013 clearly bring out that, the income of the family of the student from all sources put together, should be less than Rs.2,00,000/- . The most crucial sentence used in this paragraph reads as under.
“total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents / guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 Lakhs per
annum”. Clearly two segments are contemplated herein they are
i. Income of the employed candidates.
ii. Income of his /her parents / guardians”
Both these two different segments are identified and segregated in to two separate groups by using the disjunctive word “or”. Thus either the income of the employed student should not have cross Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
3. In the reference third read above, the Director, Scheduled Castes Development Department, Telangana State, Hyderabad has stated that as per the guidelines of Government of India w.e.f. 01-07-2010 employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents / guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible to post matric scholarships. As per the guidelines in this scheme the family income i.e. parents and children (if any), from all sources shall not exceed Rs.2,00,000/- per annum.
4. The Director (FAC), Scheduled Castes Development Department, Telangana State, Hyderabad has also bring to notice that during the SLC meeting held on 30-12-2014, it was observed that, large number of students are coming without getting minimum scores in GRE/GMATE, TOFEL/IELTS are also given admissions in USA Colleges. But in I-20s it is mentioned that, the student to take improvement of English profession course after joining in the college for which he has to pay substantial amount of fee and also wait till he gets proficiency in the language to commence regular course. It is causing additional financial burden on the candidates, who hail from below poverty line families. Therefore the committee felt that the students shall be advised to obtain minimum scores in the above exams and seek admission in the Colleges to avoid extra financial burden and loss of time and that the following minimum scores may be prescribed in the interest of students.
1. TOFEL - 80
2. IELTS - 6.5
3. GRE - 280
4. GMATE - 550
5. The Director (FAC), Scheduled Castes Development Department, Telangana State, Hyderabad has therefore proposed the following amendments :-
(i) To replace the word “or” with “and”
(ii) To add minimum scores in GRE/GMATE, TOFEL/IELTS to the GO Ms.No.54 in the interest of the students
6. In view of the above circumstances, Govt. after careful examination of the matter keeping in view of the observations of the Hon’ble High Court has decided and here by issue the following amendment to para (5) (a) & f(i) of the G.O.1st read above.
|Amendment to para 5||For||Shall be Read as|
|5 (a)||“SC students whose family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents / guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 Lakhs per annum”.||“SC students whose total family income (including the applicant) from all sources is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum are eligible”.|
|5(f)(i)||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOFEL - 80
2. IELTS - 6.5
3. GRE - 280
4. GMATE - 550
2. The Director, (FAC), Scheduled Castes Development Department, Telangana State,Hyderabad, shall take necessary action accordingly
Tags:download the telangana ambedkar overseas vidya nidhi go.7,dt.29.04.2015, financial assistance for sc students,aovn scheme,amendment orders,telangana ambedkar overseas vidya nidhi scheme guidelines,higher studies in pg courses in foreign universities,ambedkar overseas vidya nidhi financial assistance,gre,gmate, tofel,ielts scores,usa colleges admissions
Important Feature Posts Details
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC Students-New Guidelines Reviewed by Tteachers on Thursday, April 30, 2015 Rating: